Homemade laundry soap is the best! Whether you are a lover of all things natural or skeptical and came to get the facts on using natural cleaners you came to the right place. I’ve had a ten year journey learning about and perfecting natural DIY recipes and today I’m sharing the best homemade laundry soap you’ll ever use.
I don’t know about you but I am always doing laundry and years ago it hit me there had to be a better way. Detergent was expensive and I felt like I was always running out. With a busy family of 7 we have a lot of laundry. I started researching safe and natural products to use for cleaning and ARM & HAMMER™ always had a top rating.
My love for DIY cleaning products started and we’ve never looked back. You can feel good about what you’re using around your kids and it saves money. That is a total win!
The Best Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe:
3 lb. 7 oz. box ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
4 lb. Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda
4 bars of Castile Soap
optional: 1 bottle of Arm & Hammer Clean Scentsations ™ freshness booster
- Grate or Shave Soap
- Mix 1/2 cup of ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda and 1 bar of soap into a food processor (a mini food processor works just as good). Pulse for approx. 1 minute until it’s well blended.
- Continue step 2 with all of the soap bars. You can pour the soap mixture into a large bowl as you go.
- Pour the Baking Soda into Large bowl with ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda and soap mixture.
- Stir to incorporate everything and you are ready to wash.
Optional: add in some Clean Scentsations ™ freshness booster for an extra freshness booster Add approx. 2 Tbsp. to each Large Load (1 Tbsp for small loads)
ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda is a natural detergent booster and freshener. Clean Scentsations ™ freshness booster. Oh and did I mention it’s super cost effective to make your own laundry soap? Just a few cents a load. Yay!
The reason I like the option for adding in Clean Scentsations™ freshness booster is for some of the more smelly jobs. We have a special needs child that still has occasional accidents. Also using towels to dry off or wipe down a wet dog that extra bonus scent makes me feel much better. But again this is totally optional.
So what I do is split the laundry detergent into two separate containers. I have one that is natural 100% Fragrance & Phosphate Free and the other jar has the extra scent.
ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda can be used all around the home — not just in the laundry room! It’s a great natural product you can feel good about using in your home.
Do you make your own cleaning products? I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes – leave me a comment for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card! Make sure to come back and share your success story on this awesome homemade laundry soap. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/1/16– 12/1/16
Be sure to visit the Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!