25+ Bird Preschool Crafts – Fun and Easy Crafts for Preschoolers
Birds are often associated with spring, but we think these Bird Preschool Crafts will be fun all year long. From cardinals and robins in the winter to colorful peacocks and parrots in warmer climates, there are so many great bird craft ideas here!
Bird Crafts for Preschoolers
Bird Preschool Crafts
Preschoolers find birds fascinating. Who doesn’t, really? They’re colorful, they can fly, they come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. Plus, lots of them eat nuts, worms, and other grubby things. It’s no wonder kids like them so much.
That’s why these crafts are a great addition to your preschool theme activities. The preschool bird crafts you find here focus on fine motor skills like cutting, painting, and gluing, but many of them come with templates so they’re perfect for little ones who like to work a little more independently.
Choose a preschool bird craft below (and perhaps a related book to go along with it), and have some fun creating something beautiful with your kids today.
Bird Activities for Preschoolers
Before we get to the list of preschool bird crafts, here are loads of preschool bird crafts and activities that any kid who’s curious about birds will love.
25+ Bird Activities for Preschoolers
This list includes preschool lesson plans, sensory ideas, and other hands-on learning activities focused on birds.
35+ DIY Bird Feeders
We’ve made lots of DIY bird feeders here at Natural Beach Living, so this list contains some of our favorites as well as interesting feeders from some of our friends.
Bird Theme Preschool Activities Printables
Our bird activities pack has everything you need for a fun preschool unit study on birds. It includes puzzles, handwriting practice, math, and more.
Paper Plate Bird Nest Craft
Bird Books for Kids
Preschool Bird Theme
Beautiful Preschool Bird Crafts
Now, let’s get started with those beautiful bird crafts. There are so many fun ideas to choose from!
- Cardinal Handprint Craft from simpleeverydaymom.com: Nothing looks more cheerful than a bright red cardinal on a snowy winter day. This beautiful handprint cardinal will put a smile on your face for sure!
- Paper Plate Handprint Robin from kidscraftroom.com: Seeing robins in the winter is such a treat since most of them go south when it gets cold, so this robin craft is sure to bring some winter cheer to your family. It makes a great keepsake!
- Cardinal Button Craft from adventure-in-a-box.com: Use the template to create your own frame-worthy button craft. It’s a lovely piece to add to your winter decor, and gluing the buttons in place gives kids lots of fine motor practice.
- Bluebird Handprint Craft from funhandprintartblog.com: Let the kiddos use their handprints to make some adorable handprint bluebirds. This comes with a printable background template to complete the project.
- Cardboard Roll Bluebird from kidsactivitiesblog.com: This tp roll bluebird is super easy for kids to put together themselves. If you don’t want to get out the paint, you can always use construction paper to cover the tube instead.
- The Little White Owl Craft from iheartcraftythings.com: Read The Little White Owl book before completing this cute craft. It’s a beautiful story about accepting differences in others, and the owl craft is just gorgeous.
- Parrot Paper Plate Craft from gluesticksgumdrops.com: Make this colorful paper plate parrot to go along with a rainforest theme. Make sure you use school glue rather than hot glue when doing this craft with preschoolers.
- C is for Chicken Craft by musthavemom.com: This easy chicken craft helps with letter recognition and is just so darn cute that you MUST make it. Use the printable templates to cut out the letters and chicken shapes. You could easily do this craft with construction paper or cardstock if you don’t have craft foam on hand.
- Cute Baby Bird Craft from creationsbykara.com: The kids won’t be able to put this adorable baby bird down. It’s made with a Styrofoam egg and the handy printable template provided.
- Paper Bag Owl Craft from theinspirationedit.com: Make owls in all kinds of colors. Kids will have fun making and playing with these owl puppets for hours.
- Baby Bluebird Magnets from artsymomma.com: These craft stick bluebird magnets will look adorable hanging on your fridge.
- Paper Doily Peacock Craft from messylittlemonster.com: Peacocks are magnificent and gorgeous birds, so this colorful doily craft is very fitting! Preschoolers will love using their fingerprints to add color to the peacock.
- Pine Cone Snowy Owls from redtedart.com: Let the kids experience different textures with the prickly pine cones and soft cotton bowls to make these cute snowy owls.
- Colorful Paper Plate Birds from pinkstripeysocks.com: Use watercolors, marker, or crayons to cover these birds in lots of different colors. You’ll be surprised at the designs the kids come up with!
- Pipe Cleaner Pencil Topper Birds from artsycraftsymom.com: These colorful bird pencil toppers are going to put smiles on some little faces for sure! Who doesn’t love fancy pencils? And because they’re made with pipe cleaners, it’s an easy craft for preschoolers to do mostly independently.
- Paper Plate Canary from ithappensinablink.com: You can’t help but be happy when making this bright yellow bird craft. We love that it’s perching on a real twig for added effect.
- Handprint Eagle from simpleeverydaymom.com: This eagle craft is perfect for the 4th of July or any other patriotic holiday. It would also be a fun project to add to a homeschool unit about symbols of the United States.
- Bird Nature Art Prompts from adventure-in-a-box.com: Incorporate nature into your bird craft with these stunning bird art prompts. Use flowers and leaves to complete the bird shape.
- Mason Jar Lid Owl Craft from craftsbyamanda.com: You may need to draw the outline for these owls onto the lids, but preschoolers can do a great job picking out color combinations to paint these delightful little owls. You could turn them into ornaments, too!
- Birds Nest Craft from lifeissweeterbydesign.com: This is ideal for spring. From the pom pom birds, to the tissue paper nest, to the candy eggs, preschoolers will definitely love this bird craft.
Which bird craft are you going to make first? Pin this list to save it any time you want to make a craft in honor of our feathered friends.
Preschool Bird Theme Crafts
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!