I can’t help myself; I’m in love with these super cool Candy Box Easter Baskets. Usually, I try not to promote a lot of candy, but these Edible Easter Baskets are fun and easy on the budget. Plus they make a perfect gift idea for teens and young adults. Today I am sharing how you can make a candy box everyone will love, and it costs less than $5. Isn’t that Awesome!
DIY Candy Box Easter Baskets
How to Make a Candy Box Easter Baskets
What you will need to make your own candy box Easter Baskets is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page.
Cut a square piece of cardboard to fit the bottom of your candy boxes. Hot glue it on to the bottom.
Next, glue the ends of the laffy taffy ropes or nerd ropes to one side of the candy boxes and then do the same on the opposite side. (This becomes the handle) Then, tie the candy handle together with some pretty ribbon.
Fill the bottom with Easter grass.
Add your favorite treats, toys, and Easter eggs for a perfect candy box Easter basket.
Think outside the box 😉 This makes a perfect Easter Basket for your older children (college age kids) that say they don’t need anything, but their face lights up when they get an Easter basket too.
My oldest son always tells me he’s too old for Valentine’s gifts and Easter baskets, but he sure does enjoy digging into his candy box when he gets one. You’re never too old to enjoy a little something special.
DIY Edible Candy Easter Basket
- 4 Boxes of Candy (movie theater kind)
- 2 Laffy Taffy Ropes or Nerd Ropes
- Green Easter Grass
- Hot Glue Gun
- Treats or Toys to fill the inside
1. Hot Glue all 4 candy boxes together to make a square.
2. Cut the cardboard piece to fit the bottom of candy boxes. Hot glue it on.
3. Next, glue the ends of the laffy taffy/nerd ropes to one side of the candy boxes and then do the same on the opposite side. (This becomes the handle) Then, tie handle together with some ribbon.
4. Fill with Easter grass.
5. Add treats, toys, and Easter eggs!!
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!
For The Best Kids Activities