With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to round up the cutest heart crafts for preschoolers we can find. We’ve gathered loads of ideas that are perfect for your curious and eager little preschoolers. These heart crafts are not only beautiful, but they help early learners work on fine motor skills like scissor work, gluing, sewing, painting, stamping, and so much more.
Preschool Heart Crafts
Heart Crafts for Preschoolers
And while these heart crafts are ideal for Valentine’s Day, you’ll want to save this list for ideas for other holidays as well. After all, it’s never a bad time to give a heart-shaped keepsake to someone you love.
So look at this list with your kids, take stock of all your craft supplies, and get to work on some of these adorable heart crafts today. You’ll want to make several to decorate your home and to give to all the special people in your life.
Heart Crafts Preschool
Let’s start with a few of our favorite heart crafts from Natural Beach Living!
Our heart stamps make crafting with your preschooler so fun! Not only does it give kids some fine motor practice with stamping, but their resulting artwork can be turned into a cute handmade valentine for someone special.
Kids with an interesting in sewing or lacing are going to love our yarn paper plate heart. They’ll look pretty hanging up in your home this Valentine’s Day!
This nature-inspired craft is a fun winter project for kids, especially on a snow day when they’re home from school. They’ll have a blast stringing the cereal and snacking on it at the same time.
Shaving cream art allows kids to explore fun color combinations, and these marbled hearts are perfect for exploring shades of red, pink, and purple.
Heart Preschool Crafts
Now, here’s a list of beautiful heart crafts from some around the web.
Heart Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Fingerprint Heart Mugs from thebestideasforkids.com: These personalized mugs make wonderful gifts for grandparents and teachers. Fill the cup with some goodies to make it extra special.
- Owl Heart Shape Paper Craft from 5minutesformom.com: Use heart shapes to make an adorable owl paper craft. The printable template makes it easy for preschoolers to cut out the heart shapes.
- Colorful Heart Suncatcher from iheartcraftythings.com: Tissue paper confetti makes these heart suncatchers so easy. Preschoolers get a chance to practice their cutting skills as well.
- Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets from rhythmsofplay.com: Thumbprint heart magnets are great homemade gifts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and even Grandparents’ Day. You could even turn them into jewelry to always carry your child’s fingerprints next to your heart.
- Conversation Heart Caterpillar Card from artsymomma.com: Grab some conversation heart stickers to make these easy and absolutely adorable caterpillars. This is a wonderful craft for a group of kids.
- Valentine’s Day Heart Planter from theinspirationedit.com: Kids will love giving someone special a bouquet of hearts. It’s a great gift idea for teachers or grandparents.
- Valentine Heart Card from messylittlemonster.com: Beautifully colored coffee filters are the perfect backdrop for this card with cut-out hearts. Anyone would love receiving this handmade valentine.
- Photo Valentine Wreath from simpleeverydaymom.com: Grandma and Grandpa would love receiving one of these adorable photo hearts from their grandkids.
- Heart Butterfly Craft from gluesticksgumdrops.com: This cute little craft gives kids a chance to practice painting, cutting, and gluing. Add a magnet to the back and use it to hang artwork on the fridge!
- Paper Plate Valentine Puppy from artsymomma.com: Any kid with a big heart for dogs will love making this puppy craft out of heart shapes and a paper plate.
- Washi Tape Hearts from kidsactivitiesblog.com: This colorful and simple craft is suitable for all ages, but it’s especially great for preschoolers. All you need are a few different colors or patterns of washi tape, and no matter how haphazardly the tape is put on, the end result is pretty.
- Circle Heart Art Project from artycraftykids.com: This art project explores printing, lines, shapes, and colors! It can be adapted for all ages and is a great craft for exploring complementary and contrasting colors.
- Mosaic Heart Banner from raisingwhasians.com: Teensy little clothespins are such a cute way to display these mosaic heart suncatchers in a sweet banner to hang in your window or on your mantle.
- Puffy Paint Hearts from redtedart.com: Whip up a batch of puffy paint to make some beautiful hearts to string into a garland or to hand out as valentines.
- Heart Spin Painting from projectswithkids.com: Spin painting is fun for all ages! You never know what kind of design this process art technique will make.
- Paper Heart Stuffies from pinkstripeysocks.com: How super cute are these paper heart stuffies? It comes with a printable template, making it easy for preschoolers and even younger kids. They’ll love the bouncing accordion legs and arms when they play with the stuffie.
- Wax Resist Hearts from myboredtoddler.com: Preschoolers will love watching the words appear on these hearts as they paint over them.
- Heart Pencil Toppers from thebestideasforkids.com: This is a wonderful DIY valentine for your kids to make for their classroom friends. Fancy pencils are always fun! Add a pencil sharpener, too.
- Layered Hearts from stayathomeeducator.com: Use scrapbook paper in various colors and designs to create gorgeous layered hearts. This would make a lovely garland for the mantle.
Valentine Crafts for Preschoolers
Pin these heart crafts for preschoolers so you’ll have fun crafts to do with the kids all February long.
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!