Doing random acts of kindness is one of the best ways to spread joy to others. With a world that’s full of negativity in the news and disasters happening all over, a simple act of kindness means so much. Knowing that you have a list of random acts of kindness ideas to work through during your entire year hopefully will make it a lot easier to do them. Random acts of kindness are something that anyone in the family can do. Each of these Random Acts of Kindness Examples can be completed any time of year. Kindness Matters!
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
Random Acts of Kindness Examples
Acts of Kindness
- Leave a kind letter in a library book before returning it to the town library.
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Give an elder a hug and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Offer to mow the neighbor’s lawn for free.
- Offer to walk the neighbor’s dog for free.
- Leave kindness rocks all over town for random people to find.
- Gather up a group of friends and pick up litter in your town.
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Write a thank you letter to your mail carrier or landscaper.
- Stop by a local retailer and put some money on a random person’s layaway plan.
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop.
- Buy someone’s lunch at a local restaurant.
- Gather up some canned goods and non-perishables to deliver to your food pantry.
- Bring flowers to a local teacher.
- Leave your waiter or waitress an extra tip.
- Set the table or wash dishes for the person who usually does this in the home.
- Hand out scratch tickets or lottery tickets to random people.
- Donate clothes and other items you no longer use.
- Read a book to someone such as an elder or younger child.
- Tape spare change to a parking meter.
- Make gift baskets to hand out to your neighbors.
- Bring blankets to a homeless shelter.
- Volunteer at a local pet shelter.
- Help make dinner.
- Donate pajamas to children who are less fortunate.
- Donate books to children who are less fortunate.
- Buy extra supplies for a local teacher’s classroom.
- Pay the toll for the person behind you in the toll lane on the highway.
- Volunteer your time at a food pantry.
- Donate gently used blankets, pillows and such to a local pet shelter.
Random Acts of Kindness
Any act of kindness can be a wonderful thing to do. There’s no law that says a random act of kindness has to be some huge event. This list of random acts of kindness examples should help open your mind to ideas on how you can start spreading kindness today!
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!