Are you working on a snake theme, looking for an alphabet craft or learning about the rainforest? Maybe you have kids that love snakes, this fun art, and craft project would be perfect them. In fact, we think this is The Best Snake Crafts Preschoolers will ever make. Not only preschoolers because we found out all of the kids love making these snakes which make them perfect for all ages.
For The Best Kids Activities
Have You seen This Amazing Set of Rainforest Printable Activities ? It’s filled with tons of information on the rainforest. Including climate, layers of the rainforest, animal food chain, animal graphing and so much more. It’s a great place to start learning about the rainforest.
We came up with this super cool snake craft for kids after reading our rainforest books and learning about animal camouflage. It’s amazing how many different colors you can find among animals and reptiles.
Have fun decorating your snakes with fun designs and colors.
The Best Snake Crafts for Kids
What you will need to make your Fun Mix and Match Snake Crafts is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page.
First arrange 4 or 5 craft sticks in the order you want them to be for your snake body. Take the Velcro dots and stick them to the sticks on each end, either the top or the bottom depending on how you ordered your sticks.
For the snake’s head, cut one stick into thirds. Lay the end pieces’ side by side, and glue the middle third to the back of them so they are secured together. Next, cut out the snake tongue using red felt and glue it to the middle of the head (the underneath part – see picture below).
Let your snake crafts dry for about an hour.
Make different colors, patterns and styles of sticks and interchange them.
Your kids will love putting these together and slithering all around the room with them.
S is for Snake Crafts for Kids
Mix-n-Match Snakes Craft
- Colored Craft Sticks
- Velcro Dots
- Colored Markers
- Red Felt
- Glitter Glue
- Googly Eyes
- Buttons (optional)
1. First arrange 4 or 5 craft sticks in the order you want them to be for your snake body.
2. Take Velcro dots and stick them to the sticks on each end, either the top or the bottom depending on how you ordered your sticks.
3. For the snake’s head, cut one stick into thirds. Lay the end pieces’ side by side, and glue the middle third to the back of them so they are secured together.
4. Cut out the snake tongue: Using the red felt, cut a small rectangle about 2”x ½”. Then cut a small “V” shape out of one end of the rectangle. Glue this to the back of the snake’s head.
6. Let dry for about an hour.
7. Make all different colors and styles of sticks and interchange them.
The Best Snake Crafts Preschoolers Love to Make and all Kids Love to Play With
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!