This super soft and squishy unicorn playdough is so much fun! If your kids love rainbows, unicorns, and anything glittery they will love this homemade playdough recipe. Make this easy playdough activity for your child’s next playdate or birthday party and the kids will be playing for hours.
Homemade Unicorn Playdough Recipe
What you will need to make your Unicorn Playdough Recipe is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
How to Make Unicorn Playdough
You only need a few ingredients to make this glitter playdough. Start by combining your flour, water, salt, vegetable oil, cream of tartar and one tiny drop of one food coloring in a small pot, and mix well.
Cook your dough on the stovetop over medium heat for just a couple minutes, continually stirring until you have a play dough like consistency. It should get less sticky as you stir and cook. A ball will form, and you can take it off of the heat and out of the pot to cool.
How to Make Homemade Playdough
If your children love glitter now is the time to roll and knead the glitter into your play dough.
Children love the sparkle and shine that the dough gives off from the glitter and it makes beautiful unicorns and rainbows when the children are playing.
Add play dough tools and mini unicorn figures to your playdough set up, it is a great way to keep children engaged and provide them with more ways to learn and explore. They can cut the dough, squeeze the dough, slice the dough and make shapes with their play dough.
Unicorn Playdough Recipe
Ingredients per color
1. In a small pot, combine your flour, water, salt, vegetable oil and cream of tartar and one tiny drop of one color food coloring and mix well.
2. Cook stovetop on medium heat for just a couple minutes, stirring constantly until you have a play dough like consistency. It should get less sticky as you stir and cook.
3. Carefully remove the dough (it will be hot).
4. Once it cools down, roll it into a ball and place in a sealed container or ziplock bag.
5. Repeat steps 1-5 with each color.
6. Place each color next to each other and press the center down and top with matching glitter.
7. Roll and knead glitter into your play dough. (optional)
Have fun playing with your glittery unicorn playdough
Pin This Unicorn Playdough to Save for Later
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!