It’s almost time to begin a new year! Starting the year off with an All About Me Theme can be a great way to get to know your new preschoolers, kindergarten, and first graders. Plus, there are tons of benefits for your children too! I’ve created a fun new learning unit with printables for an all about me theme you can use with your kids. I can’t wait for you to see all the fun activities it includes.
Keep reading to learn more about why it’s a good idea to start your kindergarten or preschool year with an All About Me theme and learn what you need to include in your lesson plans too.
All About Me Theme Activities and Printables for Preschool, Kindergarten, and First Grade
There are tons of benefits to starting the new school year with this popular preschool theme.
Why Do an All About Me Theme?
Here are just a few reasons:
- You can use the activities in this theme to get preschoolers thinking about what makes them special. It’s an excellent way to build self-esteem by helping preschoolers begin to understand that they are unique and special.
- All About Me themes help you learn more about your students. Beyond just helping you learn their names, this type of unit is perfect for discovering their goals, interests, strengths, and weaknesses. The activities in this printable bundle will give your children the opportunity to tell you all about themselves in a really fun way. Then, you can use what you’ve learned to help your students succeed.
- All About Me activity printables don’t just show preschool learners how unique they are, these activities are also a good way to help kids discover other children in the class with similar interests. The All About Me theme is perfect for helping your preschoolers and kindergarten children learn about each other and begin developing friendships.
- You can use this theme to help students make connections and create a sense of community in your preschool classroom.
- Because this unit encourages children to share things about themselves, it’s the perfect way to help preschoolers practice their communication skills.
Ideas for an All About Me Kindergarten or Preschool Theme?
Keep reading to see some of the fun activities I’ve included in this printable learning bundle for this theme. Want more activities you can and should include in an All About Me theme with your preschool learners?
Check out these great ideas:
How many cubes does your foot measure?
Have preschoolers take off their shoes (this part is really exciting for most kids). Then, draw the outline of one foot on the paper. Next, Give each child a handful of Unifix cubes. Have children use non-standard measurements to discover how long their foot is. It’s a great way to get kids talking, comparing, and introduce an important early math concept.
Trace or Write Your Name
This activity is a great way to begin teaching your preschool learners how to write their own names. If your kids are ready, you can have them write the letters themselves. Otherwise, tracing the letters in their own names is an excellent way to become familiar with the spelling of their name, the shapes of letters, pencil strokes, and develop strong finger muscles. Plus, it’s an easy way for you to learn everyone’s name too.
Click here for a simple name printable you can use with your preschool class this year.
Fingerprints Are Unique
An All About Me preschool theme is the perfect time to teach young learners about fingerprints. No one has the same fingerprints, we are all unique. It’s a great way to show children that we are all different and special.
Plus, it’s a super fun science activity! You’ll only need an ink pad, paper, and some excited preschoolers. You can use a fingerprint activity to get them talking too.
All About Me Activities
Make Handprint Crafts
There are so many fun handprint crafts perfect for preschool learners! You can find one for every occasion. Kids can use their favorite color fingerpaint to create a treasure to keep for the year.
Talk about how all the hands look different. Then, point out all the similarities. It’s a great way to encourage preschoolers to make connections.
Stand Up Game
Play a game! This easy getting to know you game is perfect for a preschool classroom. Have children sit in a circle. Then, begin to ask questions. For example, who has on a red shirt? Every preschooler in a red shirt will stand. Add math fun to the game by counting the number of children standing.
You can even use this activity to introduce graphs to your preschoolers by recording the data. This all about me activity will help children get to know one another and begin to form friendships in the classroom.
What you’ll get in this All About Me printable pack
This preschool theme learning bundle comes with lots of fun and engaging printables your kids will love! Here are just a few of the All About Me theme activities you can share with your preschoolers this school year:
- Favorite Things Page: This fun printable encourages preschoolers to think about their favorite things. It will help you to learn more about your students and get them thinking about their own interests.
- Self-Portraits: A portrait is worth 1,000 words, and self-portraits are worth double! You can learn so much from a drawing like this. It will reveal what your preschooler sees when they look in the mirror and what’s important to them. It’s a great way to see your students from their own perspective.
- Drawing Cube: Roll the cube for a fun drawing activity or to draw yourself.
- All About Me Writing Prompt: Encourage kids to open up and share their strengths and weaknesses with this printable writing prompt page.
- Me in Numbers Activity Page: This fun activity gets kids thinking in math terms by asking them to list one thing about themselves for every number on the page. In the end, it’s a self-portrait of sorts that will reveal a lot about your preschoolers this year.
How do you plan to start this year with your preschoolers? I’d love to read your awesome ideas in the comment section.
For more all about me preschool activities and printables perfect for preschool and kindergarten, click here.
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!