Your child will love this Christmas Sensory Bin! It’s filled with bright colors and a variety of textures and sounds. Sensory activities and sensory bins promote exploration and encourage children to use scientific processes while they play, investigate, create, and explore different items. Spending time using their senses helps children develop in so many different ways. Ready to set up a fun holiday sensory bin?
Christmas Sensory Bin for Preschoolers
Easy Christmas Sensory Bin for Kids
Winter sensory activities and play for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids of all ages that love exploring.
Examples of what you will need to make your Christmas sensory bin is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page. Have fun!
Start out by pouring your dry beans into a large container. We used Green Split Peas this time for a natural festive filler. Plus, beans are great for scooping, transferring and pouring.
Put in all your sensory items or keep them on the side of your container for your child to mix everything.
Children can dig around this Christmas sensory bin to feel and find all sorts of interesting items.
Christmas Sensory Bin Ideas
Holiday mini erasers
Strings of beads
Finish it off with a Scoop, small bowls, and a wooden spoon
Christmas Sensory Bin
- 1 Container with Lid
- 2-3 lbs. Dry Split Green Peas
- Glitter (optional)
- Shiny Pom Poms, assort. sizes
- Jingle Bells
- Small Glass Pebbles, red and clear
- Assortment of small toys with different textures and sounds (candy canes, erasers, snowflakes)
1. Pour the dry beans into the container.
2. Put in all your sensory items and mix everything around.
3. Children can dig around this sensory bin to feel and find all sorts of items.
4. Add in scoops for scooping and sorting.
Enjoy hours of fun festive sensory play
Pin This Christmas Sensory Bin to Save for Later
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!