Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, you’re going to love this simple Harry Potter Snow Globe Craft. Not only is it really fun to make but it just might prove that you’re the most legit and biggest Harry Potter fan, ever.
While this craft is easy enough for a child, who says adults can’t have fun, too? Get ready to find more love in your heart for all things Harry Potter after making this simple DIY Harry Potter Snow Globe. We love Harry Potter!
Harry Potter Craft Ideas
Harry Potter Snow Globe Craft
While the picture of this craft is awesome, it really just doesn’t do this snow globe justice. It’s really epic once you get done creating it and will make any Harry Potter collection complete.
Perfect for a fun indoor snow day activity or just “because” you love Harry Potter, too. It also makes for a really fun family activity that everyone in the house can enjoy.
DIY SNOW GLOBE
What you will need to make your Harry Potter Snow Globe is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in a recipe list form to print out towards the bottom of the page. Have Fun!
How to Make a Harry Potter Snow Globe
- Distilled water (water without minerals tends to be cleared. Tap water works fine but distilled will look nicer)
- Glycerin (this helps the glitter to fall more slowly)
- Glitter, sequins, stars, etc. White and silver tend to look best. Waterproof characters about 1-2 inches in height.
- Snow Globe (on Amazon here)
- Glue (Hot glue gun or E6000 for best results)
- Waterproof characters – about 2 inches in height. (We used LEGO Harry Potter from sets we already owned.
I also think these Funko POP figures would work really well.
First, glue your characters onto the snow globe stopper. I recommend using E6000 but a hot glue gun will also work.
Next, fill your snow globe about half full of water.
Add your glitter, stars, sequins, and anything else you’d like in your snow globe.
Pour in your glycerin (about a teaspoon is fine) and stir. You can add more glycerin to help the glitter fall more slowly.
Fill your snow globe the rest of the way with water.
Hold your snow globe over the sink while you add the character that is glued to the stopper. Some water will overflow into the sink.
Twist on the lid and tighten.
Enjoy your DIY Harry Potter snow globe!
DIY Harry Potter Snow Globe
- Oil does NOT work the same as glycerin. You need to follow the directions below to get the perfect Harry Potter Snow Globe.
- The more glycerin that you have, the slower the glitter will fall.
- There is a chance that the glitter will stick to the characters. Simply get them wet before putting into the snow globe and this seems to help.
- If you’re worried about kids opening up the snow globes, simply use hot glue to glue it on.
- Placing your characters further back on the stopper will help them to not look so warped through the curved snow globe.
Harry Potter Party Ideas
Once you make this Harry Potter Craft your kids will love these Harry Potter ideas too.
- Harry Potter Birthday Party and Printables for Kids
- 20+ Harry Potter Recipes
- 20+ Harry Potter Drinks and Treats
SAVE HARRY POTTER SNOW GLOBE CRAFT FOR LATER
DIY Snow Globes make great gift ideas, party favors, or use them as decorations for a Harry Potter Themed Birthday Party. Enjoy this wintery craft all year long.
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!