It’s the holiday season, and I knew I had to share this Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce that everyone loves. The last thing anyone wants for Thanksgiving dinner is a can of cranberry sauce so please don’t do it. This delicious recipe is easy to make, only takes a few ingredients, and best of all you can make it the day before. Yay!
Delicious Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce That Everyone Loves
My family hasn’t always had cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. In fact, growing up my mom used to ask me to open up a can of cranberry sauce and put it on a plate. Having that memory of a giant blob of solid cranberry on a plate never seemed appetizing. That’s why I decided my kids weren’t going to grow up with that.
I set out to make a super simple and very tasty cranberry sauce that the kids would love. It’s an easy recipe that you can make ahead of time which is fantastic for anyone that is cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner. We all know how important it is to have a few things done the day before. 😉
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
2 cups water
2 cups sugar or sugar substitute
Optional: substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup orange juice
1. Rinse cranberries with water, and remove any stems or blemished berries.
2. Heat water and sugar to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Continue boiling 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in cranberries. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, occasionally stirring, until cranberries begin to break down to your desired consistency.
6. Pour sauce into bowl or container. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!