These fall jars make a great table centerpiece, fireplace mantel decoration, or would make a great gift as well! Add a candle, and you have a beautiful, cozy ambiance for fall! These Fall Leaf Candle Mason Jar Crafts also make the perfect addition to a nature table. With all of these great uses let’s get to creating them.
Easy Fall Leaf Candle Jar
FOR THE BEST KIDS ACTIVITIES & INSPIRATION
DIY Fall Leaf Candle Mason Jar Crafts
What you will need to make your Fall Leaf Candle Jar is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form to print out towards the bottom of the page.
There are two ways to make these lovely leaf candle jars. I’m going to share an adult version, and a child made version. For the child-friendly leaf jar, your child will use Mod Podge instead of hot glue.
After you have gathered a handful of pretty artificial leaves, you’ll use the hot glue gun to glue leaves all over the jars, leaving a little bit of the jar showing through in some places.
Wrap the twine around the top rim of the jars, glue down the ends to hold in place. You can also tie ribbon or string around the twine if you would like.
Place a candle into each jar and light it in the evening.
Child Made (Natural) Version – Fall Leaf Candle Mason Jar Crafts
If you are using the Leaf Unit, we shared this is a great fall craft to add if you are looking for additional art ideas. If not, no problem just start by reading a few leaf books and taking your kids on a leaf hunt. Search for leaves of various colors, shapes, and sizes. Newly fallen leaves work best. When you get home, you’ll need to press the leaves in a book for several days.
When the leaves are ready, set out your leaves, jars, Mod Podge and foam brush on a table.
1. Have your child coat the whole jar with Mod Podge
2. Next, lay the leaves flat around the jar (just like you see in the pictures – same concept, different glue)
3. Gently put another coat of Mod Podge over the whole jar and leaves.
4. Let them dry overnight
5. Place a candle in the jar and enjoy the beautiful glow.
DIY Fall Leaf Candle Jar Craft
- 2 Mason Jars
- Fabric/Fake Leaves
- Hot Glue Gun
- Ribbon or String
- 2 Votive Candles
1. Using the hot glue gun, glue leaves all over the jars, leaving a little bit of the jar showing through in some places.
2. Wrap the twine around the top rim of the jars, glue down the ends to hold in place.
3. Tie ribbon or string around the twine if you would like.
4. Place a candle into each jar and light in the evening.
Beautiful and easy fall craft.
Pin How to Make Easy Fall Leaf Candle Mason Jar Crafts Here
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!