It’s so easy to create ocean sensory activities that are full of hands-on learning! This fun frozen ocean sensory bin will keep children playing for hours. Sensory play can be as easy as this ocean life activity. By just adding a few items into a bowl of water and freezing it, you’ll have the perfect idea to add to your ocean themed learning.
Ocean Sensory Play
Ocean Sensory Activities – Easy Ocean Themed Sensory Play
We enjoyed this under the sea sensory bin so much a couple of years ago; I knew we needed to do it again. If you click over to see how we put it together the first time you’ll notice we enjoyed the ocean sensory bin inside. This time we took it outside on a warm summer day. It was awesome both times and the kids always love playing with ice sensory and science experiments.
Frozen Ocean Sensory Bin
What you will need to make your Frozen Ocean Sensory Bin is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page. Enjoy!
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
How to Make This Frozen Ocean Sensory Activity
Start by tinting the water light blue with the coloring and fill the bowls about halfway with water. Place a variety of your ocean items into the bowl. We used a mix of shells and ocean animal figures.
Place your bowl in the freezer and leave them there until they are about half frozen. Take them out and add another layer of ocean items and fill the bowl to the top with more blue water. Put the bowls back in the freezer and freeze them until they are completely solid.
Ocean Themed Sensory Activities
Remove the ocean ice from each bowl and set them outside on the ground or in a large bin.
Add warm water into a squeeze bottle or dropper and squirt warm water around on the ice to slowly melt it and find the ocean treasures.
Preschool Ocean Theme
If you are thinking of ideas for all of your warm summer days, add this fun water ocean sensory play activity to your to-do list. Your kids will love it!
Ocean Life Sensory Bin
1. Tint the water light blue with the coloring and fill the bowls about halfway with water.
2. Place a variety of the ocean items into the bowl.
3. Place in the freezer until they are about half frozen.
4. Take them out and add another layer of ocean items and fill the bowl to the top with more blue water.
5. Place back in the freezer and freeze until completely solid.
6. Remove the ocean ice from each bowl and set outside on the ground. Put warm water into the squeeze bottle or dropper and squirt warm water around on the ice to slowly melt it and find the ocean treasures.
Fun summer activity for the kids!
Pin This Ocean Sensory Activities to Save
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!