Whether you are looking for a fun summer activity, an amazing centerpiece for an ocean theme party, a slime party favor or a super cool slime gift idea this Ocean Slime is perfect! You will use an incredible Clear Slime Recipe and turn it into your very own ocean in a bottle experience. Your children will love playing with this ocean slime, and we’re sure it will become one of their favorite slime recipes. It’s the Best! Enjoy!
The Best Ocean Slime
Ocean Slime With The Best Clear Slime Recipe
This homemade slime recipe makes the most amazing slime. It won’t stick to your hands, and you can pull it, cut it, squish it, flatten it, poke it, and have hours of fun playing with it. It’s awesome!
How to Make Clear Slime
You only need a few ingredients to make this crystal clear slime and clear ocean slime recipe. Then add your favorite ocean items, and you will have your very own ocean activity.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
To add to your clear slime and turn it into an Ocean slime perfect for any under the sea theme, make a second batch of your clear slime recipe and add 1-2 drops of light blue food coloring. Place the blue slime on the bottom and the clear slime on top. Layering the two slimes gives off a beautiful ocean look and lets you see the shells or small fish you add.
Perfect Ocean in a Bottle
Adding small shells to your slime give this slime idea a natural ocean feel.
You can make Ocean Slime for a playdate, make up several for a cool ocean slime in a bottle party favor, or put all of the slime supplies together for the best slime gift idea. Every child loves playing with ocean slime like this.
Best Ocean Slime
Did you know Slime is an awesome sensory tool for children, it’s also amazing for strengthening fine motor skills?
A few of the benefits:
The smell of scented slime,
The feeling of oozy clear slime,
Pulling and twisting slime,
Cutting slime into small pieces,
The movement of moving slime from one hand to another,
The pressure of squeezing, pushing, and poking slime,
The sound of slime squashing and crunching,
The visual strategies involved in searching for fun items in your slime,
The list of benefits goes on and on.
Ocean Slime Video
Optional slime supplies
A mason jar or small bowl
Ocean Slime Recipe
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine a 1/2 cup of glue with 1/2 cup of hot water and mix well.
2. Mix a 1/2 teaspoon of borax into your remaining 1 cup of hot water and stir, letting the borax dissolve
3. Now pour the borax water into your glue mixture and stir (ingredients should start coming together quickly to form slime).
4. Keep mixing with your hands for a few minutes to incorporate as much as the borax-water mixture as possible.
5. Pour out the excess water, remove the slime from the bowl and knead the slime in your hands for a couple of minutes.
6. Store your slime in an airtight container until you are ready to use
To make the Ocean Slime in a bottle as you see here, Make 2 Batches of this slime – Leave 1 batch clear slime (do not add any food coloring) and for the blue ocean slime:
Add your blue food coloring to step 1 above and then repeat steps 2-6 above
* If you want this slime to be the ultimate crystal clear slime recipe, let it sit for a day or two stored in an airtight container without playing with it.
Pin This Ocean Slime Idea to Save for Later
If you are looking for a fun craft idea, a super cool summer science activity, or an epic sensory play, Make Slime! Slime is fun, the kids love it, and it’s excellent for working their hand muscles and fine motor skills.
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!