Gratitude is all about being thankful and focusing on the good around us. When you learn to be thankful for everything and have an attitude of gratitude, you’ll feel more positive, peaceful, and happy each and every day. This Gratitude Scavenger Hunt is perfect for kids and adults to start finding little things to be thankful for. Use this scavenger hunt as a spring bucket list, for a class project, or just to enjoy with your family. Have fun!
Gratitude Scavenger Hunt
Gratitude Scavenger Hunt for Kids and Adults
You can use this printable gratitude scavenger hunt to teach your kids about showing gratitude this year.
Check out all the fun activities you can explore together while enjoying this printable scavenger hunt style list:
1. Find something outside you enjoy looking at
2. Find something that is useful for you
3. Find something that is your favorite color
4. Find something you know someone else will enjoy
5. Find something that makes you happy
6. Find something that tastes good
7. Find something that smells amazing
8. Discover something new
9. Find something that makes you feel safe
10. Find something that makes a beautiful sound
11. Find someone you are grateful for
12. Find something that is unique to you
13. Find something that makes you laugh
14. Find something in the night that you enjoy
15. Find something in the morning that you enjoy
16. Find a friend/pet that you love spending time with
17. Find your favorite place to spend alone time
18. Find something that reminds you of the people you love
19. Find something that you enjoy doing outside with friends
20. Find a place that you love
The Power of Gratitude is Amazing!
Teaching Gratitude to Kids
Showing gratitude to others helps everyone around us feel appreciated, loved, and important. Beyond being kind to others, expressing gratitude has lots of awesome benefits for the person feeling grateful too. Our kids can learn so many important lessons by embracing and expressing their own gratitude!
Recently, more and more scientists have begun to study the effects practicing gratitude has on kids. It turns out the benefits are amazing! But how can we teach our kids to show gratitude and enjoy these awesome benefits?
One fun way is by participating in this gratitude scavenger hunt for kids and adults. It’s perfect for the whole family and easy to do with this printable list.
Keep scrolling to get your own printable gratitude scavenger hunt and get started today.
Benefits of Gratitude for Kids
Studies show that expressing gratitude can be very powerful! There are lots of mental and physical health benefits for your kids too:
- Optimism / Happy outlook
- Better sleep at night
- Resilient kids who bounce back
- Less aggression / fewer meltdowns
- Tools and coping skills for managing stress
- Higher self-esteem
Right now, we could all use a little extra kindness and the benefits that come with it! So why not go on a gratitude scavenger hunt today? Number 5 on the list (find something that makes you happy) is definitely something we could all benefit from right now!
affiliate links can be found on this page at no cost to you.
This Scavenger Hunt encourages children (and adults) to explore their environment and find gratitude.
Continue cultivating your child’s sense of gratitude all year long with this fun and engaging scavenger hunt!
Kindness Scavenger Hunt for Finding Gratitude in the Little Things
More Practicing Gratitude Ideas to Explore
Looking for even more gratitude and kindness activities to explore with your kids? Check out some of my favorite gratitude building kindness activities for kids and adults below:
- Alphabet Gratitude List
- Gratitude Challenge
- 4 Ways to Practice Gratitude Each Day
- 30 Days of Gratitude
- Thankful Tree Gratitude Activity
Don’t forget to share your favorite ways to teach your kids about expressing gratitude in the comments section. I can’t wait to read all your ideas and tips for showing gratitude and sharing kindness this year! After all, I’m always looking for new ways to encourage kindness and gratitude in my own family.
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!