Every child I know loves bubbles. Heck, even adults love blowing bubbles. Plus, what is a summer without watching your children chase the bubbles down to pop them with their little fingers or try to balance them on their DIY Bubble Wands they’ve made? Bubbles are the best! And since we love them so much I decided to share how easy and fun they can be to make your own. These make a great summer craft idea or party favor too.
For The Best Kids Activities
How to Make DIY Bubble Wands and Homemade Bubbles
What you will need to make DIY Bubble Wands and Bubbles is in this picture below. I have what’s needed with the full recipe displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page. Your kids will have a blast with these.
How to Make Homemade Bubbles
For the bubble mixture, mix the dish soap, glycerin, and water together than set it aside.
Homemade Bubble Wands Kids Can Make
Take the end of a piece of wire and form into a round circle, about 3 inches in diameter. Twist the end to close the circle. Next, pull the other end straight down for the handle, make this as long as you would like and snip off the end.
Have your children string the beads on the wire handle (make words, designs, whatever they want). After they are finished their design twist the end of the wire to secure the beads and snip off any extra wire.
Dip the bubble wand into the soap mixture and blow to make big bubbles.
These are so much fun in the spring and summer! Perfect to set up a craft for the day and then fun playtime outdoors.
DIY Bubble wands also make a great party craft and activity. Kids love making this plus, running around after bubbles are always exciting. Let them take their bubble wand and a container of bubble juice home for the perfect goodie bag idea 😉
DIY Bubble Wands & Bubbles
- Floral Wire
- Beads, assorted colors and types
- Wire Snips
- ¼ cup Dawn Dish Soap
- 1 Tbsp. Glycerin
- 2 ½ cups Water
1. For the bubble mixture, mix the dish soap, glycerin, and water and set aside.
2. Take the end of a piece of wire and form into a round circle, about 3 inches in diameter. Twist the end to close the circle.
3. Pull the other end straight down for the handle, make this as long as you would like and snip off the end.
4. String the beads on the wire handle and twist the end of the wire to secure the beads and snip off any extra.
5. Dip the bubble wand into the soap mixture and blow to make big bubbles.
Great fun for summer time!
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!