As a former preschool teacher and lover of all things educational, I am happy to share The Best Montessori Toys with you. Like us, you probably want to have good quality, open-ended toys in your home. And I’m sure you’ll find things here your children will love too. Perfect Montessori toy ideas that inspire creativity, work on child development skills, STEM, imagination and more.
The best kids’ toys inspire the imagination and keep children interested and engaged. That’s what you will get with this Ultimate guide to Montessori Toys. You’ll find favorite toys that last for years. Toys that easily become special tools for childhood development. These toys are not only educational they are fun!
The Ultimate Guide to The Best Montessori Toys for Every Age
The Best Montessori Toys
The Best Montessori Toys and Montessori Gifts for Kids – Birth to 6 Years
We know that Maria Montessori didn’t make toys, but we feel she would have loved these Montessori inspired toys, and we are sure your children will love them too.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
What are Montessori Toys?
It’s easy to introduce the Montessori Method to young children through play. When you’re looking for toys that will work well within a Montessori style play space or classroom space, you’ll need to know what to look for. Here are some good indicators that a toy will work well in a Montessori room:
- A Montessori toy is made with natural materials like wood, cotton, metal, or even rocks. These toys are also generally safer for younger children who might be more inclined to “taste” their toys.
- The toy doesn’t move and make sounds on its own; it needs to be physically manipulated by a child. For example, a musical instrument or jack-in-the-box over the latest smart robot toy.
- It’s rooted in reality. Montessori would suggest choosing an animal toy your child might encounter at the farm or zoo over a dragon or unicorn toy.
- Choose toys that teach children one skill at a time. The Montessori method insists that these sorts of toys help children to learn how to do tasks correctly.
- Montessori toys should be appropriately sized for children and serve a purpose. For instance, choosing a small wooden broom will help your child learn an important skill: sweeping.
Where to Buy Montessori Toys:
Purchasing toys that meet the requirements of a Montessori playspace is easier than ever! In fact, there is now so much available that many parents make the mistake of overfilling the toys room with adorable wooden toys.
Montessori Toys for Baby
Montessori Toys for 1 Year Old
The Best Gifts for a Montessori Toddler (1-2 year old)
Montessori Toys for 2 Year Old
Montessori Toys for 3 Year Old
Montessori Toys for 4 Year Old
Montessori Toys for 5 Year Old
I do want to say that even though I am sharing these fantastic toys with you, I am not saying children need all of these.
We inspire to live simply in our home and picking things for our children is vital to us. Cherish natural learning, and I suggest you add tools not just toys to your home. These are also great suggestions for holiday and birthday gifts.
Best Toys for Kids
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. 🙂 I have pulled them together for you right here!