Your kids will love everything about this Pumpkin Playdough Recipe. It smells amazing, and it is super simple to make. If you are thinking about making a batch of homemade pumpkin playdough for a fall party or classroom, I suggest doubling the batch so everyone will have plenty to use. Add this Playdough recipe to your pumpkin activities or a preschool pumpkin theme, and your kids will play for hours. This is the best smelling fall sensory play idea.
Pumpkin Pie Playdough Recipe
Pumpkin Playdough Recipe – The Best Pumpkin Pie Play Dough
Playing with play dough is great for working your child’s fine motor skills. Squeezing, squishing, pulling, and poking the dough helps build and strengthen their little hand muscles. Click Here for over 30 Homemade Playdough Recipes.
How to Make Pumpkin Playdough
What you will need to make your Pumpkin Playdough Recipe is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in list form towards the bottom of the page. Have Fun!
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
Place all the ingredients into a medium size saucepan and mix well.
Cook over medium heat and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes.
It will begin to form into a thick ball as you stir. Keep flipping the ball over, flatten it, then continue to cook until the dough isn’t sticky.
Remove from heat and knead it for a few minutes. You may need to add a little flour to get a perfect consistency, but if you cook it for a few minutes, you shouldn’t have too.
Pumpkin Playdough Recipe
1 ½ Cups Flour
¾ Cup Salt
1 ½ teaspoon Cream of Tarter
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 ½ Cups Water
1 Tablespoon. oil
Orange Food Coloring 10 drops
1. Place all the ingredients into a medium size saucepan and mix well.
2. Cook over medium heat and constantly stir for 4-5 minutes. It will begin to form into a thick ball as you stir. Keep flipping the ball over, flatten it, then continue to cook until the dough isn’t sticky.
3. Remove from heat and knead it for a few minutes. You may need to add a little flour to get the right consistency, but if you cook it long enough, you shouldn’t have too.
4. Let cool, then start playing!
5. Store in an airtight container to keep for a few weeks.
PIN THIS PUMPKIN PLAYDOUGH TO SAVE FOR LATER
This is the perfect pumpkin playdough recipe to add to any preschool pumpkin theme. Do you have a favorite playdough recipe for fall? I’d love for you to share your favorite in the comments below so we can try it out.
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!