Celebrate Screen-Free Week with these great screen-free week ideas your children will love. These Screen-free activities will surely help guide you to enjoying some fun during the week of April 30th to May 6th. This year I want to inspire you to get creative and have many memorable moments with your homeschool children as you all work to avoid screen time during Screen-Free Week 2018. Have fun!
Screen-Free Week Activities for Kids
40+ Screen-Free Week Activities for Homeschoolers
affiliate links can be found on this page at no cost to you.
Use screen free week to learn new things in creative ways. Put the iPad and computer away as you work to educate in a fun, clever way. Go back to the days without the ease of electronics for these educational activities during screen-free week:
• Read a new book
• Play a one-word story game, where each family says a word and takes a turn to come up with a funny story.
• Fill out Mad Libs.
• Practice the alphabet with chalk outside.
• Label household items with sticky notes to learn words.
• Craft up your own science experiments.
• Pick a new country to learn about and immerse your family in the food, dress, and music from that country.
• Do a Random Act of Kindness
• Volunteer together at a local shelter or church.
Outside Activities for Kids
Get outside and enjoy the fresh air during screen-free week. There are many activities you can enjoy with your children at the end of April into the first week of May, here are some ideas to get you started in the right direction:
• Play hide and seek.
• Take a family bike ride.
• Fly a kite.
• Play hopscotch.
• Have a scavenger hunt.
• Make your own slip-n-slide.
• Have a backyard picnic.
• Go on a nature walk
• Visit a pond or beach
Craft Ideas for Kids
It’s always fun to create crafty things with your children. You can make most of these craft ideas with items you have around your house. Consider doing some of these craft activities for your screen free week with homeschoolers:
• Make Homemade birdfeeders.
• Make a village out of paper cups and recycled boxes.
• Decorate a coffee can for use as a piggy bank.
• Decorate a shoe box for creative storage of homeschool items like papers, pencils, and miniature toys.
• Create a family yearbook that showcases one year back from memories.
• Make collages out of old magazine clippings for a goal or vision board.
• Make beautiful artwork using watercolor paints or chalk pastels.
Inside Activities for Kids
While you can enjoy the great outdoors and do some fun education or craft activities with your homeschoolers during screen-free week, it’s also nice to have some relaxing down time inside. Here are some inside activities to enjoy during screen free week:
• Play card games like Go Fish or Slap Jack.
• Learn to fix something in the house together.
• Make a blanket fort together.
• Cook dinner or dessert together.
• Complete crossword puzzles.
• Play charades.
• Write limericks about each other.
Screen-Free Week Ideas for Kids
There are so many ways you can enjoy screen free week 2018 with your children. I hope that this list of ideas will inspire you to get up and have some fun away from the screens during the annual screen free week event. It’s a great idea to try and limit screen time regularly so hopefully, these awesome activities will keep your kids busy with hands-on activities.
For The Best Kids Activities
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!