We are learning all about jellyfish, and you can too. Not only that check out this super cool, stretchy, jiggly slime recipe we made. My kids love sensory play, so I try to incorporate that into a lot of our themed learning. Since we are using Five in a Row as part of our curriculum this year, I knew just what we were going to read and explore this month. So come along as we share this super cool Night of the Moonjellies experience.
Jellyfish Jiggly Slime Recipe
Night of the Moonjellies Activities (FIAR)
Jiggly Slime Jellyfish
The life cycle of a jellyfish.
These Life Cycle of the Jellyfish can be found on Montessori Print Shop.
How to Make Jiggly Slime
Did you know that Jellyfish have been around for over 650 million years and that they aren’t fish at all? They belong to a group of animals. Scientists call cnidarians. Most only live for 3-6 months, but some have been known to grow HUGE and live much longer…
Easy Jiggly Slime Recipe
1/2 teaspoon of Borax (you can find this in the laundry detergent area of your store)
Food color or gels
optional: essential oils for an added sensory experience
- Pour the glue into a bowl
- Fill the glue bottles (8oz) with warm water. Add the water to the glue and stir.
- Add your color – a little bit of color goes a long way.
- Take 1/2 cup warm water in a different bowl and add your teaspoon of Borax
- Mix until the Borax is dissolved.
- Slowly add that to your glue mixture
- Stir and knead with hands
- Congratulations You’ve Made a Jiggly Slime Recipe that Rocks
The slime was excellent, but we weren’t done the exploring.Next stop in our jellyfish journey was the marina.
Look at all of the super cool things we got the chance to experience by getting outside in nature.
Schools of fish, turtles, crabs, and of course Jellies. The boys explored the boats, ran along the pier and learned all about what goes on at a marina. This was such a great experience and guess what? This was only the first part of our slimy jellyfish adventure. I still have much more planned for our Night of the Moonjellies. Make sure you don’t miss part 2.
- Night of the Moonjellies Part 2
- I hope you enjoyed this learning adventure with Jellyfish.
If you’d like to check out some of our other Unit Studies and Slime Recipes click on a link below.
You Are Also Going to Love: